Friday, December 7, 2012

Light Bulb!

Do you ever have those light bulb moments in your life? I do all the time. To be honest, most of the time its things that should have clicked a long time ago.


I am one of those kinds of people that take forever to get something. Especially, it seems like in my spiritual life. Perhaps, I'm extremely hard headed (don't ask my family! They would totally agree!).

When I was struggling with my salvation, it took forever for me to realize that I could just leave it in His hands. He would surely take care of that. You know what? Light bulb! When I left it with Him, such wonderful peace! Jesus surely did not fail me!

I've been struggling to overcome a certain sin in my life, and for so long I have been trying on my own. I've had several light bulb moments lately. Can I share them with you?

1. In order to tear down strongholds: I can't do it! God is the one who does the tearing, and I do my part with His help by casting down thought that are not pleasing to Him.

2. Freedon versus Captivity: These sins that hold me captive in reality have no hold on me. God has led captivity captive according to Ephesians 4:8!

3. Forgiveness: When I go to God to seek forgiveness, I receiver it immediately along with complete forgetfulness on God's part! To Him, it is as if I never committed that sin! I must realize this when they come back up in my mind. They are forgiven and forgotten!

4. Remembering: I am a daughter of the King of kings. My Father loves me with a unsearchable, matchless love.

5. Victory: God is my strength. God is my deliverer. God never wants to see His children live in defeat. He is waiting to offer His help. We just need to trust Him. Thus the Key to victory: Trust!

So this is what I have learned thus far. Sorry if I've been rambling...but I just wanted to share! Have a great weekend!

Oh and by the way! We find out what we are having today!!!!! Whether we will be adding pink or more blue to the family!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck at the doctor's today! I hope the baby cooperates so you can find out.

Anonymous said...

This was a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing. Hope it's pink you get to add. LOL!

Tricia said...

Great post! So ... pink or blue?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0