Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Sweet Blog Award


A sweet blogging friend, Laurie, over at Everyday Grace, gave me this sweet award. Though I know that tons of people deserve it more than I do, it truly made my day!

Liebster is a German word and it means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers.

1. What is your favorite Bible verse? This is a hard question. Hard to choose just one...my life verse Job 23:10, but there are many in the Psalms that I love.

2. How long have you been married? Over a year and a half. We will be married 2 years on November 27.

3. What is one of your family's favorite meals? hmmm...bbq chicken sandwiches, chicken wraps, crispy onion chicken, pizza...again with just one...I have a hard time deciding!

4. What advise would you give a first time mom? hmmm...first of all, don't trust your feelings. By that, I mean, when you come home, you are so out of wack emotionally that a lot of the bad, sad feelings are not real. My mama really was there for me...then Jonathan was so sweet. But those feelings can seem so real, don't listen to them, enjoy that baby! Secondly, rest! Do not push yourself to go here and there. Take a few weeks to stay home. I believe what the old doctors told mamas. You need that time! Then, let people help. The people in our church were so great! They covered our meals for 2 weeks! To allow people to help is not me, trust me! :) I feel so bad letting people help me...but sometimes we need help.

5. List 3 words that best describe your husband? Loving, Sweet, and Handsome

6. What is your favorite restaurant? hmmm...fast food: Burger King/McD's nice: Olive Garden (though we don't go because they serve alcohol.)

7. Who is your favorite author? My favorite Christian fiction author used to be Grace Livingston Hill, but I don't really read them anymore...to be honest I don't know! Do you know any good books?

8. What are your hobbies? blogging, spending time with family, playing the piano, baking and cooking...

9. Where do you like to shop? Walmart, Michaels, Catos, Target, Goodwill (the Goodwill here is awesome...they have different color tags on them and certain colors run for a dollar on certain weeks!)

10. Why do you blog? I actually started my blog way back when because Courtney, Jonathan's cousin had one, and it looked so neat! I just had to join in on the fun. Now, I blog to keep my family clued in on my life (though I haven't been doing very well lately), to be an encouragement, vent at times, to share what I am going through and how the Lord has helped me, and sometimes just for fun! I have received a lot of help, ideas, and met some wonderful people via  blog world! It has been great!

11. What is your favorite place to vacation? I love the beach, but you know, I think I would have to choose the mountains. I love them the fall of the year! We are going on our first family vacation this year!!!! So super excited!!! We are going to Pigeon Forge, TN! 

The last thing I'm supposed to do is tell 11 things about myself:

~I'm a true blue Southern gal, and I absolutely hate it when someone downs Southern or country people. The way we talk or act...that's just not right...and by the way, Northerners do have an accent, too. Everyone does depending on their location. 

~I'm a saved born again person. I know that I am not always Christian because that is Christ-like, but I'm striving everyday to be like Him who saved me!

~I'm a PK though I'm married now, but I still will stick with the pastor and his family...knowing what its like to be in a pastor's home. I loved being a preacher's kid! 

~I have naturally wavy dark hair. No grey yet!!! Praise the Lord! My hair is not dyed...though I'm not saying that I'll never do it!

~I want any children the Lord will bless Jonathan and I with. Though my life long dream is to have 6...3 boys and 3 girls! Would be wonderful!

~I love to eat...yes, it is one of my many weaknesses...food...so wonderful! :) Chocolate is my stronghold!

~I love pretty things. feminine things. girly. flowers in hair. jewelry wearing. hair fixed kinda of girl.

~I used to be a very doubting Christian when it came to my salvation, but by His grace, He overcame my doubt.

~I'm constantly thinking...my downfall, I'm afraid! :( I think too hard about things and make them complicated, strongholds in my life!

~If I were anything else in the whole world, I'd be a teacher just so I could decorate a classroom! :)- hahahaha But I'm sure enjoying the life that God gave me! Wouldn't change a thing!

~I met my husband at a church meeting in NC...the National Sword of the Lord Conference. Our families ate together...he sat at one end and I sat another. Visited his family with his sister, he didn't even speak to me...thought all hope was lost, but then praise the Lord a little over a month later, he called daddy! We were married less than a year later! 

God is good!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Where the Green Grass Grows said...

I love Pigeon Forge!! While your there you should go through Christ in the Smokies Garden in Gatlinburg. It takes you on a walk through the life of Jesus,it is beautiful:) I also enjoyed eating at the Happy Days Diner! Great post by the way:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0