Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Confessions of a Happy Housewife Wednesday...#4

Hey y'all! Another Wednesday...my, oh, my!!

Anyway, this Wednesday, I want to share my heart.

I have really been struggling lately with my spiritual life, my attitude, and well, just life in general.

BUT! I want to change some things in my life. You know, the Lord is the one that does the changing, but He is not going to take any steps until we realize that we can not do it. I believe that is what I have been doing! Trying to overcome my sin on my own, trying to live a victorious Christian life without His help. And boy, have I failed completely and entirely!

Jonathan has been teaching on choices in our junior class on Wednesday night. We do have to make the choice. God doesn't stand over us, making us yield to Him. It must be a constant choice on our part. When we decide, He then will give us the strength to withstand.

It's a hard thing to learn at times. Now, for me, I am having to break down strongholds...thought patterns and habits that I have built up over the years. To be truthful, I have no one to blame but myself. I am my problem.

So...what I am going to do...I am going to with the Lord's help start building some new habits like:


  • Making sure that I read my Bible every morning instead of just a verse or two.
  • Pray. Not just for myself and my problems, but for my family and others.
  • Be thankful. The Bible, clearly states that we are to give thanks in everything. Kind of like Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, we need to be thankful day in and day out for everything little thing.
  • Get my priorities straight! That means putting things ahead of certain things...like my household duties before computer time, etc.
These are just a few things that I am choosing to do in my life starting tomorrow morning. Will you join me? Sometimes, it is good to have someone to answer to. So, after a few weeks, I'm going to repost about this and let you know how everything is doing. I know satan will try to throw everything at me to stop me from growing in the Lord, but will you pray for me, dear blog friends? For my homes sake and the Lord, I need to do this. 

Have a great Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0