Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Precious Promises Wednesday: When we battle

Lately, I have been really struggling to fight some battles in my life. On Saturday, I was at the point of feeling overwhelmed by just the normal daily tasks that I knew was coming in the next week...don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home wife and mama, but today, I was reminded of something...something that I will have to be reminded of many more times in my Christian life, I am positive.

I can't fight the battles alone!

Trying to fight alone, I have been falling smack-dab on my face every single time! It makes me miserable and not a very happy home life...yep, life has been just peachy over here. Seriously, we as ladies have so much responsibility on our plate. We have a house to run, babies to take care of, husband to love, and so on, not to mention our own needs spiritually and physically. We must realize, first of all, that we can not do it alone. Secondly, Someone can! Praise the Lord!

Promise for today is found in Deuteronomy 20. Just like the children of Israel needed God to fight for them, we need Him, too! He will go before us...depend upon Him! When your housework is overwhelming you and satan rears his ugly head, go to the throne of grace! He is waiting!

Deuteronomy 20:1-4  When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people, And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;  For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

I am linking up at




2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can so relate! I get overwhelmed by all the house work, the kids are fussy cause they don't feel well, and it's hard to be cheerful when my husband gets home cause I'm so tired!! But I do love my life and thank God for his continual help. I couldn't do it without His help! It's funny to me how some think SAHM's don't do much! Our job is never done! Thanks for the post, it's good to know I'm not alone! :)

Rebecca said...

Well this blessed my heart very much! Thanks!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0