Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Light...

Have you ever felt like you were not getting anywhere in your spiritual life? No, new light for your journey? As I sat down to read my Bible this morning, that is exactly how I felt! I thought, "Lord, I really need something from you!" "I need to draw near to you, I feel so far away!" "I need more light!"

To be honest, I feel so mediocre in my Christian walk, and I don't want to be that way! I want to be red hot on fire for the Lord...I want new light for my walk! I want to hear from the Lord as I read His Word! My desire is to grow...that's His desire for us, too! We should be anything but mediocre in our walk with Him!

I want to be one of those Christians you read about...you know, the ones that are consumed in Christ...they have drawn near to Him and they are not letting go! They are shining for Jesus! Will you not join me?

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't know about you, but I know when I have felt this way, it's usually because I'm not doing any real service to others. I mean, I take care of my family and those I love, but when I reach out my hand to others who are discouraged or needy, I feel like I am truly doing what God has called us all to do. He is faithful to lead us and use us if we are just willing to do what ever the thing is, no matter how big or how small.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I couldn't agree more with this! May we each draw nearer to Him every day...it is a daily decision! I'm enjoying reading through your blog and have added you to my blog list so others can enjoy it too! Your little boy is so cute! :)

Joyfully,
Jillian

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Mrs. Sandra! I'll remember that!

Thanks for stopping by, Mrs. Jillian!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our fire seems like just a flicker of light. I know you will but, just keep on trusting the Lord, keep on reading His word, and keep on praying. Just keep on keeping on. The Lord has a way of giving our hearts just what we need when we need it. Not a minute sooner, not a minute too late.
I hope that made sense.

Blessings!!!

Jennifer said...

Mrs. Laurie, I understand completely! Thanks for being an encouragement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0