Joy is such a simple word, yet so many people can not seem to grasp it. Even Christians...
Like I said earlier this month, my word for this year is JOY.
I want my life to be so filled with real joy. Not a fake happiness that is totally based on my surrounding, feelings, and experiences. Real joy is totally based on Jesus. The same place that our strength comes from. The same place that our peace comes from. Jesus!
This year, I want to follow joy...Follow Jesus!
One thing that I have learned so far this year is that joy comes in being thankful to Jesus for what He has given me. I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I have to say that I do not agree with everything she writes (ex. Bible versions), but what she has to say about joy and thanksgiving is so true! I need that...I am so ungrateful. yet I don't even realize all the blessing that are right in front of me.
This year, I'm taking a simple journal and just jotting them down when I see a blessing. The thing I love about her book is that she came to realize that the everyday life, the common house work, day in and day out is where the blessings lie. Not in extraordinary miracles...yes, the Lord does and has done great things for us, but just being able to live, breath, is enough. It is enough to know that I'm forgiven!
Another thing I've realized so far this month is joy comes when I realize who i am in Christ. I am nothing, yes, but in Christ, I am a daughter of the Most High God! Amazing! That He would take me, with all my faults, my failures, my sin, and make me a child of His! Yes, I could shout for joy! I want to raise my hands in praise to my King...I'm His girl! God is so good!
These are the things I want my children to see and know from me. If they never learn anything else from their mama, I want them to know what real joy looks like. I want to be a happy mama. A Joy-Full mama.
So, will you join me to follow joy this year? Do you know any good books about joy? Thankfulness?
We are also learning the Sermon on the Mount starting with Matthew 5. So far we have learned the first 2 verses (it is two verses a week until the end of the year), and today is the start of verses 3 and 4. We would love for you to join us!
Happy Thursday! Happy Joy Hunting!
3 comments:
You are so right!! Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes as I think about how good God has been to me! Praise the Lord!! The joy of the Lord is our strength!!
Very Good, Keep reminding yourself that :) Rejoice in the Lord!!!
He is our JOY, and He never changes! Love you!
This post is absolutey blessed! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I'm going to join you on the JOY hunt. God bless~
Post a Comment