Boy! Have I felt that lately! Now is the time to stop! Like someone said,
And to be honest, I want to be the best wife and mama I can be. I don't want to fail...but I've failed to plan...I sometimes have the best intentions, don't you too? Now, I don't believe you have to be so planned that you have no room for the spontaneity of life. :) But...we do need to be good stewards of the time and the jobs that the Lord has given us.
I have 3 precious gifts that the Lord has given me to be a good steward of, and I want to be told at the end of my life that I did an excellent job.
First of all, I have my husband. My sweet wonderful husband...that loves me so much. The Lord tells us exactly what to do with that part of my job....to love him and reverence him. Some times loving someone takes planning. Part of that loving is in the daily chores of my everyday life...providing a clean, welcoming, warm, beautiful home and a good meal at the end of the day, but then, the other part comes in spending time, listening, showing affection, being interested in him. It also takes preparing myself for him...just like we prepare our self for the Lord...I want to prepare myself for my husband...I want to make sure I smell good, look good, and act good. Sometimes the smelling and the looking are easier than the acting...if you know what I mean?
Our attitudes play a huge role in how we love and reverence our men. We as women have so many mood swings, and right now the way I am, I can be a basket case. :) Seriously, we need to prepare our attitude toward our men. Some times, I do not take things from my husband well. I know after I've thought it out clearly that he does not have a clue what has gone on or why I got upset...the problem was me. He never meant anything by what he said. We can take something little and make it ruin our whole relationship with someone we love dearly. It has been done time and time again. What can we do? Plan. Plan how you are going to respond. Plan how you are going to think about your husband. I'm not saying that you will not fail from time to time. We are all human, for sure! But have a plan in place so that when ol' satan brings up hurt feelings how you will respond.
Secondly, I have 2 sweet babies. Jeremiah...
and then the new little blessing on the way...
My hands are going to be full! :) With each one, I know that the Lord will give me exactly what I need. We look at tiny babies, and we think we have so much love for them. But we still need to pray that we will love them the way we should. I'm learning this daily. I need to pray for:
- Love for my children
- Wisdom for making choices for their everyday lives
- Strength to keep up with them
- Strength in training them
I'm planning to love my God.
I'm planning to love my Husband.
I'm planning to love my Children.
Starting this new week, I'm going to be planning my days more carefully. "Redeeming the time" that I have for the Lord...serving Him through being what I need to be for my family.
Check back, Lord willing, on Monday for a post. I'm hoping to get back to blogging more! :) Have a great Lord's day tomorrow!


3 comments:
One of my biggest struggles is planning my time! I am working on that as well!! I have enjoyed reading your blog! I have heard about your family from my mom (Donna Keel)It was neat to find your blog and put all the pieces together :) God bless you!
April, it is nice to meet you! So glad you found me! Actually your grandma did our wedding cake, too! It is a very small world!
Hi Jennifer,
You have a lovely blog here and handsome family.
The best advice I can give about being the best wife and mum is to be the best person.
Practise the golden rule and honour and revere each other with respect and kindness. Be quick to listen and slow to respond. It's really that simple.
On a physical level, and especially as young busy mums, we often lack those essential nutrients which can affect how we think and respond. Fish oil capsules have been shown to help remedy that.
As to planning how to respond when communicating with our husbands, it's easy to wear oneself thin trying to plan through every thought and action. Mutual respect will take you both through life well.
I've learned this after 30+ years married, 4 children and 3 grandchildren.
Lynn
Post a Comment