Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Confessions of a Happy Housewife Wednesday...#2

Philippians 4:18  But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

2 Corinthians 2:15  For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Happy Wednesday, my bloggy friends! It has been a long time...well a week or so...since I have blogged! We have been super busy with VBS stuff to get ready and now this week we actually have VBS. So, it has been a busy time, but to be honest, I just haven't felt like blogging. Just not in the right mood...which I wasn't right to be in the mood that I have been lately. I truly haven't been smelling to well to the Lord. I've been struggling with some things, and in reality, it is just a mountain of rubble that I have been compassing for way to long. You know what? I'm sick of seeing the same sights. I'm going to moving on! Are you with me? Do you have those days that you feel like you've struggled with the same things over and over and over again? Why not join me and move on? I'm pressing on to higher ground!

Anyway, the reason why I put those verses at the top was because Jonathan gave me these beautiful deep pink roses to celebrate our engagement anniversary. Two years ago, I said "yes" and "I love you" to my Sweetheart. I was reminded by these roses how much Jonathan loves me, yes, but also, how much my Heavenly Father loves me...today they started letting out a sweet beautiful smell...here these roses are doing what we as Christians should be doing! Letting out a sweet smell...instead most of us are rolling around in garbage. When satan comes around, enticing us, we need to look at it as if it were garbage! I may fail, but I am not with God's help going to roll around in my garbage pile any more!

Ok, after that preachy sermon, nothing else is really going on...Let's see...Oh, I made these great brownies out of Diet Coke and Duncan Hines Brownie mix...oh my goodness! Only 99 calories a brownie (I added up the calories on myfitnesspal.com)! Can you believe it?



They were so moist. Make sure you use a can Diet Coke. I used bottle, but I think they would be better with a can. A chocolate fix is something you just need sometimes, don't ya think? What better than one you don't have to worry about too many calories??!!

That's about all that's in the kitchen...other than Congo Bars, Blueberry Muffins, and dirty dishes!

Decorating wise...I would love to do some Patriotic decorations! I saw this on pinterest...

They have a patriotic banner thing that I would so love to make...to hang around maybe over our window treatments...I don't know, but it's so cute!

Well, I better get some ironing done before Jeremiah wakes up from his nap! What have you found on pinterest this week? Any new crafts? What has the Lord spoke to you about recently?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
It was encouraging to read this post and know that I'm not the only one that struggles. I fail the Lord many days as a wife and mother. I'm thankful HE is willing to forgive my wrong attitudes.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0