Can you believe that we are already into April!!!! I can't! It has been such a long time since I've blogged. Sorry about that! I figured I'd take the opportunity while my little man is sleeping to catch up with y'all.
As of Saturday, Jeremiah is officially 7 months old. He has survived living in our household for over a half a year!!! Woohoo!!! He sits up really good now...just hasn't learned how to do it himself. He is still eating pretty good, but has had a terrible cold the last few days along with a low grade fever in the evenings. All that yucky stuff has been going around these parts. I thought that I had missed it, but when Jeremiah caught it, he likes to share his germs a little more liberally with mama! :)
Over the time that I haven't been blogging, I have celebrated my 26th birthday!!! I had such a wonderful time! My birthday was fabulous this year! I was truly looking forward to it this year. My birthday lasted for one whole week! Can you believe it??? It started the Friday before my birthday. Jonathan took me shopping in a nearby town, gave me money to spend, and just let me take my time shopping! Then, we headed to Steak n' Shake afterwards for a delicious retro meal! It was awesome!!!! On Monday, my lovely family came in to share the next three days with me, Jonathan, and Jeremiah! Oh, I had such a wonderful time. On Wednesday, my actual birthday, right before I went to sleep, Jonathan pulled a small gold wrapped gift out from under the bed....it was a box from Kay Jewelers...inside was an Open Heart necklace by Jane Seymour....I have truly been blessed with the best husband of all time. God is so good!!
Along with the beautiful necklace, came the sweetest card evah!! (putting exaggeration on my Southern accent here) Then on Friday, I had my actually birthday party. I received so many wonderful gifts!!! Like a Vera Bradley purse, flower pins, a necklace, scarf, book...the Lord is so very good to me! I surely can not complain!
So that is what has been going on here at our house...birthday's and sickness!
Our menu for this week is this:
Monday: BBQ Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, and String Beans
Image and recipe HERE
Tuesday: Tacos or Taco Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Soup and Grilled Cheese
Thursday: Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Friday: Out
Saturday: Pizza on French Bread
Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes and Salad
My Daybook for today:
Outside my window....sun is just beginning to come out...
I hear...Jeremiah coughing in bed...occasionally kicking his legs...did hear birds...
From my kitchen...sugar cookie bars...not good to be eating them this early in the morning...shhhhh!!!!
What I'm reading...One Thousand Gifts and Money Saving Mom's Budget
Goals for this week: *Personal* spiritual goal, diet, spring cleaning!
Thankful for...God's forgiveness. How much we take that for granted...at least I know I do! I fail Him so terribly sometimes that I don't know how or why He forgives me or even looks my way, but He does! He is so good! I love Him! Please pray that I may glorify Him in my life!
Things I'm learning...to ignore the thoughts (a.k.a. lies) that Satan whispers in my mind (maybe a post coming soon on this) (sometimes, it seems you overcome one lie and then Satan says,"I can't get her there I'm going to try this!" He is so stupid, doesn't he know that he has already lost???), be more organized with my time, cut back on groceries (Goal for this week: stay under $40.00...I have been spending around $70.00...will let you know how it goes! Be a better mama and wife!
Posts I'm thinking about doing: Series for Single Ladies: What to know before marriage (I'd like to do this because I know a lot of young ladies maybe read this blog. I also want to ask a few married women to join me on here...it will be about practical things in marriage as well as spiritual posts...so be on the look out for these!)
Well that's about it folks! I hope that you all have a wonderful Monday! I will promise to be back this week sometime, but I may not be able to keep my promise but God can keep His! Praise the Lord! Happy Monday!
I'm linking up here:



4 comments:
He is such a cutie! :)
Jessica
So what is your Vera Bradley pattern? I love them! Glad I found your blog again, your little one is adorable!
So what is your Vera Bradley pattern? Your son is so adorable! Belated Happy Birthday, just found your blog again after my computer crashed and I lost all my bookmarks!
Thanks, Sharon! Actually, I have no idea what the pattern is! But I do love it! Thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment