Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday...



  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I Thessalonians 5:18

I am so thankful for the little things that the Lord gives us! Sometimes, I think I forget about those things! So here are a few that I'm thankful for:

  • Nursery workers: I used to think that I would never put my babies in a nursery, but I found out that I need to be in the service at least every once in awhile...I need the preaching! I don't put Jeremiah in there all the time, but it has been a blessing to sit in the services...I feel refreshed! Thank the Lord for the sweet ladies who serve in this ministry.
  • The Internet: I know that it can be used for bad things, but it surely comes in handy! I can look up recipes, ideas for homemaking, what's wrong when one of us is sick, etc. It has really been a blessing!
  • Coupons: I love these little pieces of paper that take off money from my purchase! They truly help us save money on our groceries...if you don't use yours, pass them on! ;D I'm also thankful that the Lord has given some women wisdom to start money saving sites to help us homemakers!
  • Where I live: I'm thankful for the neighborhood we live in....the man that owns the trailer park is a Christian, and he keeps everything clean and respectable. That is truly a blessing! Also, I love the mountains...I always wanted to live in the mountains....the leaves were so pretty this year, and to be honest, I can hardly wait for the snow!
  • Where I came from: I'm thankful for the place I was raised...seeing the cotton, corn, beans, and even the tobacco grow are apart of my heritage for which I'm so thankful! Seeing the Carolina blue skies on a summer afternoon to the gray sky against the green field during the fall/winter! 
  • My hands: I love to hold Jonathan's hands, caress Jeremiah's head, play the piano, even type this blog post, but without my hands, I couldn't do it! 
  • Being able to sleep in my bed: For the first few weeks after Jeremiah was born, I was up all night with him! I didn't get to sleep in my bed, but I would sleep on the couch or in the recliner. Finally, he is sleeping in his bed for 4-5 hours straight! The Lord is truly good! Praise His name!
So, my little things are really big things to be thankful for...nothing is too little to pray about or be thankful about that He doesn't hear us! I'm so glad He listens to me! Praise His holy name!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0