Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I have been blessed!

My beautiful roses that Jonathan gave me for 9 months of marriage!

Sometimes it is just good to stop....look around you...and smell the roses! We become so preoccupied with this world and life in general and the battles we face as Christians that we forget the blessings we have...the blessings we don't deserve...


This past Friday, Jonathan and I celebrated 9 months of marriage! This year has held many special blessings for me and our little family! So, here are a few things that I am thankful for:


1. My wonderful handsome husband...my love for Jonathan has grown so much since our wedding...I am so blessed to be given such a godly leader for a husband, too! In the past 9 months, we have grown so much closer! I love him so much!


2. Our baby boy...I have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy! There were times, yes, that I let ol' Satan get me down...which seemed like more due to the hormones rising and falling (one thing I regret during this time)...BUT! Like I was telling Jonathan one day...I'd do it all again! The morning sickness and such are nothing to the joy of knowing that the Lord has blessed us with a baby! I used to be afraid that I wouldn't be able to have children (my mama couldn't for 9 years of their marriage, but the Lord intervened!), and we talked about that during our courtship. I am so glad that the Lord blessed us with a baby in His timing!


3. Our family...never take for granted the family the Lord has given you! I'm so thankful that we both come from Christian homes with godly convictions...that we can get together without feeling awkward because we are so different!


4. Last but definitely not least...my loving Saviour! You know what? It feels so nice when Jonathan gets home and puts his arms around me...but I have Someone who holds me up in His arms all the time...when I need someone to cry to, I don't have to wait til my husband gets home, my loving Father is there with His arms around me, bearing me up, holding me close...when I have fears, when I can't take another step, when everything in my eyes seems to be falling apart, when the battle gets to be too much for me, He is there holding me up! I love Him so much! God is definitely too good to me!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rose is beautiful:) Congrats on your nine month anniversary, and your baby:)

Blessings in Christ,
~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Your rose is pretty!
For some reason or the other, your blog updates do not come up on my dashboard, not sure why.
I will remember to keep you and your husband, and your baby boy in my prayers, as it seems as if it is going to be any day now. Please do the same for my momma! And dad. And the midwives. And me, for this will be the first time I'll ever watch a birth. I'm interested (an understatement...) in midwifery, so thats why:)
Those biscuits look great. I love theirs, so I am going to copy that recipe, and try it!
Love in the Lord,
Ashlyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0