How many of you wear glasses? Can you remember the first time you walked outside wearing them? You could see EVERYTHING!!!! You could see things as they really were...the leaves in the trees all stood out...the road signs were a lot clearer...hey, you didn't even know that you looked that way when you got ready this morning! ;)Whether we need glasses or not, in a spiritual sense, we all need glasses to see things as they really are or maybe I should say to see two persons as they really are...
I was talking to Mama about this a couple days ago...and just thought I share a few thoughts about it!
The first person that we as Christians don't really see as they really are is...
Mean Ol' Mister Devil! It is so true! I know at least for myself it is true! Growing up in Sunday school and church, we learn about the devil and how he wants to make us sin, but I don't think we fully grasp how real he really is until we have to battle and fight him! Then, those verses about him come to life and we realize we do have a real enemy! Sometimes, he disguises himself in the most innocent forms...such as, thoughts of self-pity, discouragement, negative thoughts about yourself as well as others, pridefulness, evil thoughts...which will eventually lead other sins! It's like the Bible says about him, 1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:, but what happens, he comes into our lives like a pet baby lion, a cuddly and cute, even before we realize, he's grown and ready to devour us alive!
The Bible talks about being on guard:
Ephesians 6:10-12 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:2 Corinthians 12:6-7 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. (Even Paul had to fight the devil!)
But!!!!!
1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
the second person that we fail to see as they really are is...Our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!
You are probably thinking...No, that can't be true! Let me ask you...have you ever doubted that your prayers would be answered? have you ever wondered whether you could have victory over some sin in your life? have you ever doubted your salvation, your calling? have you ever felt like you were nothing in God's eyes? that you were forsaken? that your sins were indeed not forgiven? I could probably go on and on...and you could probably name some feeling you have had, and I have to say that I have been that way and still struggle with these thoughts, but what a wonderful Saviour we have!
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. He secured our salvation! (Romans 5:8!)
Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (The God we serve has made us more than conquerors! and nothing, NOTHING, can separate us from His love!)
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
What a wonderful Lord we have! Just with these verses and I have barely scratched the surface! I hope and pray that I will always keep my spiritual glasses on because they are more important than any physical glasses that I need!
3 comments:
Hey Jennifer... Do you remember Brittany Comstock? I think you need to go visit
www.comstoxcorner.blogspot.com
You'll like it.
Thanks, Ashlyn! I checked it out! Exciting! Thanks for all your sweet comments!
God Bless you and your blog! I thought it was neat that a lot of the verses you used, I have just recently used them on my blog.=)
Post a Comment