Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mama!

I know, I'm a "day late and a dollar short," as the saying goes, but I didn't want to let it pass by completely without me telling you a little about the best mama in the whole world!


My Mama has always been a mama...I know she loves it! I remember when I was little and my other sisters were babies, you could always tell that mama thoroughly enjoyed holding them, feeding them, rocking them, being the mama! Then, as we got older, she was still that same mama, she always knew how to keep us in line by just giving "that look" that you knew she meant business or hugging us just at the right time or giving us that word of advice, encouragement, praying with us, helping us through a decision that we needed to make, pushing us to do our best for the Lord, teaching us that serving the Lord is a joyful happy thing to do, talking about spiritual things together, showing us what a godly wife and mother is supposed to be!


Not only is mama all these things and more (so much more), she knows how to have fun with us! I remember her getting out on Sunday afternoons at granny's playing softball or baseball with us kids, then there was the time she and Daddy scared my cousins while they were camping out, or the time she drove us to go scare a couple of friends that were camping out...haha....you should have seen the looks on their faces!!!


I am so thankful for Mama not just because she is my mama, but because she is one of my closest and dearest friends! I know I still call her at least twice a day! ;) Sometimes, just to talk, to get spiritual advice, for wisdom, for homemaking questions, for baby questions...sometimes just to hear her voice! I love my Mama! Happy Mother's day, Mama!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0