This is a post that I was wanting to post about, but my sister beat me to it! ;) So, I decided to post her post on here for those of you who haven't read it! What she says is so true! We as ladies are so easily dissatisfied whether it be with our homes, our present state in life, or our looks...anything! And for those of you single girls out there, it doesn't change once you get married either...maybe that's one of the curses when Eve sinned because she was dissatisfied with the fruit the Lord has provided her. She wanted what she could not have! Mama always told us girls that most women can't be satisfied with today. They always want the next thing...when you are a child, you want to be a teen...when you are a teen, you can't wait to turn 20 then 21...then you can't wait to meet your husband...then you can't wait to have children...then we can't wait for them to be older...anyway on to her post!
"The Devil most often destroys a man through a woman. The Devil most often destroys a Woman through Dissatisfaction."
~Mrs.Cindy Schaap
Are you satisfied?? Really??? Most of us Christian young ladies love to quote,
Phil.4:11 "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." But Are we really content? I know it's true, the devil destroys us women by making us discontent with our surroundings, making us long for something we don't have...
Dissatisfaction has it's good points, we shouldn't be satisfied in our sin, we shouldn't be satisfied with the same thing day by day...in our Christian walk, we should want to be closer to our Lord than we were the day before. We should always be working to be closer to our God. Don't rely on your walk with God you had a month ago, or even a week ago to get you through a day. Constantly be asking the Holy Spirit for fresh oil, for Him to fill you. So No don't be satisfied in that way.
Now that discontentment, dissatisfaction that the nasty Devil brings into our lives... Do you know what it is?
Ungratefulness! We become dissatisfied, because we become ungrateful. God has been good to us, He has blessed us, He saved us from a burning Hell, is building us a home in Heaven,for some of you He has given you a Godly husband, children, ministries, opportunities to serve Him, for me has given me two Godly parents, that love me and want the Lord's very best for me, 3 wonderful sisters that have been my best friends all my life, I have my health, I have a home, friends, I get to serve my Lord in church, I have my buskids to show them of Christ's love, I have so much!!! And you know what? God doesn't have to do all those things but He does....and ya know when I become dissatisfied, when I become ungrateful I forget all of those things.I forget what God has already done in my life.
So what should we do to keep that old Devil from getting us Girls with Dissatisfaction?
Praise Him!!! I'm watching one of my favorite movies right now, Facing the Giants. and what always motivates me, encourages me when I see it. To Praise Him when we lose, Praise Him when we win...Praise Him!!!! God inhabits the Praises of His People, He loves to hear our praises to Him! We should praise Him, when we start getting that "I just don't understand why that isn't happening to me??or why can't I be more like her?? or why can't I have this or that?" Start praising Him for what you do have! Start praising Him for answered prayer, for some encouragement you received, for all the blessings God has given you.
Sing!!!! Sing uplifting songs, while I was at the ladies meeting they talked about this. About a month ago I was really down, I listened to music and sang...but ya know you need to sing uplifting songs. Don't just sing songs that bring you lower than you were to begin with. Sing songs of praise, when your mind goes to that place of discontent, Sing unto the Lord!!!
Then focus on someone else!!! Pray for someone you know has a need, visit some widows, call some far away friend that may just need a listening ear, write a note of encouragement to someone. Don't sit there and let your mind wonder. Occupy your mind with others, ask the Lord to give you a servant heart....serve others, jump in and do something don't just sit on the side lines. Work on a Bus route!! Visit a little boy or girl that wants to come to church all weekend long, never wants to leave church, visit there home and you'll see why.
I have found that my Buskids, praying for them, has fixed alot of my complaining, and wanting something different in my life. God has used them in my life, I'm so thankful for every chance I get to pick them up, teach them, and right now God is using me in that ministry. He may call me somewhere else, to pick up other little boys and girls, or teach them about my Jesus, But right now God has me here.
We're human, we'll make mistakes. We Girls we'll not always be content in that state we are in....But God is a God of Mercy!!!! He just keeps blessing us anyway, Ain't God Good?
Just remember that, God is so Good. and even when we are in a valley and it seems it's almost impossible to be content and satisfied...God is still good, He's still working in your life. He's stronger than that old devil, and He'll satisfy your every need, if you let Him.
I know the world is constantly whispering in our ear, "How can you be satisfied? God isn't working here? How can you just sit at home? How can you listen to your parents? Don't you want to date him or her? Don't you want a career and make a lot of money? You don't want to stay here all your life? Are you really doing what God wants? Can you really be happy?"
Yes, we've all heard one or all of those questions. But take it to God, listen to Him and Him alone. Leave your fears, wants, dreams, dissatisfaction, in His hands...leave them there....He'll take care of it! Surrender All!!!
1 comment:
Great post!
Post a Comment