Happy Wednesday, Y'all! (A little early!) I know we don't typically look at Wednesday's as happy...hump day for sure! Plus, it doesn't help when your car has been in the shop for the past week or so...sigh...and you're stuck at home...mind you, I really don't mind being at home, but sometimes, ladies, we need to get out for a break. Just to get groceries is a nice alternative from being home all week. Plus, in the area we live in, there's not really an opportunity for us to get outside. Praying for a house of our own with a nice yard for us to work in and play in. That would be awesome! I love being a homemaker! I love being a wife and mama!
Lately, I've been seeing where I have failed...one thing I need to work on is having a routine. I finally have Jeremiah on a nap schedule! Boy, was that a HUGE accomplishment, and to be honest, I have no idea how it happened! The Lord is good to us...I know that only by His grace that I have made it as a mama this far! Jeremiah was what you call a fussy baby in the first few months...but now, he's like a totally different boy! I remember in the first weeks, I was learning to breastfeed, learning to get him to sleep, and just dealing with all the emotions of being a new mother and wife. New mamas, don't stress out about the little things. If you need to, let some things go. By that, I'm meaning the duties that you took on before you had that baby! Maybe an extra ministry at church, detailed cleaning, extra little jobs that can wait...I'm not saying that you shouldn't serve the Lord, but your main job right now is that baby and you! I believe that your first priority is that baby and then taking care of you until you have healed...remember you are learning new things and adjusting to a new life! Rest, relax...you have a big responsibility...life will return to normal in some ways! :) Well, that's my little rant about that!
Now for a recipe...
So, last night, we had something new for supper. Something that I hadn't cooked in the almost 2 years that we have been married--Smoked Sausage! I had a coupon the last time I went to the grocery store so I thought that I would try some...we usually eat chicken, chicken, and more chicken! (Due to it being cheaper and all.)
The picture is very poor quality...sorry..our camera is out of commission. (Oh my goodness, the Lord just showed me that He loves me! I saw a hummingbird...a ruby throated hummingbird at that! He is so good to me!) But, hey! You get to catch a glimpse of my little boy in the background! :) He's been fussy the last few days...cold...his little nose has been running something terrible! He'll be 1 in a little over a month! Hard to believe! Anyway, on to the recipe!
- Smoked Sausage (I bought Hillshire beef smoked sausage, and only used half of it...use however much sausage you like! This is kind of a use as much of what you like recipe :D )
- Onion, sliced into thin slices (again, I used 3/4 of a small onion, use as much as you like)
- Green Bell Pepper, sliced into thin slices (I used about 1/3 of a large green pepper. Jonathan's not a fan.)
- Cooked Spaghetti
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic and basil (Italian seasonings)
- Salt and garlic salt to taste
Cook spaghetti according to taste. Then in a large skillet on high to medium high, heat and brown your sausage. (I actually put a little oil in the bottom of my pan, but you may not need it.) You basically just want to heat it through. The sausage I bought was precooked. After your sausage is cooked the way you like, add onions and peppers and cook until the onion are translucent. Bring your temp down to medium to low, add pasta and tomatoes. Toss to coat...and let heat through. Salt to taste!
We served our delicious meal with a salad and homemade "Olive Garden" bread sticks! And that's it, you have a complete, easy meal with or without the salad and bread.
Hope you all have a great rest of the day!
I'm linking up at:
I'm linking up at:



1 comment:
Sounds like you're a wonderful Mom! I know you'll find your house and yard that you want! I enjoy having a house of our own after 7 1/2 year of marriage! God knows the desires of you heart. :0)
Thanks for coming by and leaving me a sweet note today.
Blessings to you!
Leslie
Post a Comment