Saturday, May 19, 2012

Finding Joy...


I was thinking the today about how dreary I have seemed on here lately...sorry about that...let's just say that I have been evaluating my life today, and I don't like how much time I've wasted.

The Bible says,
Ephesians 5:14-20  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I need to redeem my time! Yes, the days are evil...we know that, and we shouldn't be foolish enough to ignore them. But I at least, find myself focusing too much on the devil and his evil world! I was reading in my Amy Carmichael devotional this week about that...she was talking about these very verses (verse 19 to be exact). She said that we spend way too much time talking about, thinking about, dwelling on satan's victories and his darts...that is exactly what he wants! He wants us to be so consumed in him that we are not rejoicing in our Jesus! The Bible says,
Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
This is a Bible command...a hard one at times, yes, but how much better will it make our lives when we are rejoicing in Him??? Tremendously! Miss Carmichael went on to say that we should sing as much as we can...they are the best ways to quench satan's fiery darts...even when we can't sing aloud...sing to yourself...just like the scripture above says! Another one of God's commands!

Today, like I said earlier, I was really looking back at the last year or so...being married, having Jeremiah...and there is a lot of time that I have wasted...I been lacking in joy...joy in what the Lord has given me...well, I'm not going to let satan have that victory any more! With God's help, I'm in! I'm in for building up my home in joy! Enjoying the gifts God has given me! Enjoying the life that I have here and now! Not wasting a moment! What are you doing now? Don't waste another minute! Confess your sins, change that frown into a smile, stop focusing on the past and the hurts...press on, my friend! Happy Weekend!
Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0