Welcome to Thankful Thursday! Sorry I haven't posted this week...I need to get another post out in the series I started on Monday, but you know what? It will wait! But I promise it will come!
I have had a lot of things on my mind lately...one thing that has just been on there recently (like yesterday) is "why should I serve the Lord?" or "do I really love the Lord?" I know...that sounds very horrible, but as I was thinking these things (by the way, ladies, we can not trust what we think! The Devil and our own flesh will lie to us constantly...that is something I am learning daily. I can only trust God! Our thoughts and feelings are constantly up and down! You better remember that especially before marriage!)
Anyway, back to the subject...why should we server the Lord? why should we love the Lord? When we have these feelings or thoughts in us, I have realized for myself that it is a result of not being thankful on my part! When we truly realize how much He loves us, how much He has done for us, oh my goodness, we can see how we should love and serve Him!
So today, I just need to list something the Lord has done specifically for me. I need to refocus on Him and get my eyes off myself. When you find yourself becoming self-centered, do that! Sit down and count your blessings! It will work wonders!
~ Salvation...Jesus saved me from dying and going to spend eternity in Hell
~ He gave me faith to trust Him
~ He loves me so much that He died for me and keeps me!
~ He protected me from marrying the wrong man.
~ He sent me the perfect man!
~ He gave us a home to live in.
~ He allowed me to find a modest wedding dress in my size! (There were only a couple left! The shop was not selling them anymore! I called just in time!)
~ He gave me doilies... :)
~ He provided some one to make the cake for our wedding
~ I had the perfect wedding with fantastic music!
~ He gave us a perfect little boy! Nothing is wrong with him!
~ The Lord took care of me during the delivery! (I was worried that I wouldn't know when to go in, and they actually put me in when I went in for an appointment...so the Lord took care of that!)
~ I was able to nurse my baby.
~ I have a wonderful family.
~ I get to see them next week, Lord willing!
~ I have a husband that works so hard to provide for our family!
~ I have a husband that is kind and gentle and does not beat me!
~ I have a godly husband that loves the Lord!
The list can go on and on... so what are you thankful for?

No comments:
Post a Comment