Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Journey to Thanksgiving

Lately, I've been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it made me want to do this! A Journey to Thanksgiving: A Daily Journal. No, I'm not necessarily talking about an actual journey to the day of Thanksgiving, but a journey to live all our days in thanksgiving to our Lord and Saviour. I have to say that I don't agree with all that Mrs. Voskamp teaches or believes, but what she is trying to get across about living a thankful life is so very true.

I for sure am not thankful as I should be...well, I'm far from thankful. Maybe that is the root of a lot of our problems...when we are cultivating a thankful spirit to the Lord, we will find that our mind and heart is fixed upon Him! So, my friends, will you join me?

Every Thursday, I will be posting some of the things that I have added to me journal through the previous week. So let's get started!!

1. Jeremiah whining/crying for me.
2. The American flag blowing in my flowers.
3. Holding a sleeping baby.
4. Washing clothes.
5. Cell phones.

What are you thankful for?  I would love to read them! Have a great Thursday!


 

1 comment:

Ashlyn said...

Ann Voskamp is a wonderful writer and my mom is enjoying her book. I get to read it next. :) She really is... I especially enjoy her daily emails.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0