Wednesday, February 22, 2012

He's Been Faithful...Renewing a right vision of what God has done...

I am going to confess something to y'all today...something that I struggle with from time to time... Doubts... yes, that is my weakness...I'm like a druggy or a drunk...if I allow myself to take one ''sip'' of a doubtful thought, I have to rebreak the habit that I acquired a while back.

When the doubts assail me, it is almost like I'm in a deep dark tunnel with no light at the end...I can't see the light of truth that I know is there...somewhere...everything seems so bleak...I can't remember anything that I know to be true or right! It's truly a horrible feeling...a feeling of hopelessness! I have been so blessed to have godly councel that I can turn to...sometimes we need that. The Lord places people in our lives to help us to grow and lean on Him...its during those times of doubt, helplessness, hopelessness, fear that I must and you must renew our vision onto the Lord and what He has done for us. I'm writing this today not to say that I have arrived, on the contrary, I am struggling today and I need to renew my outlook to Him and what He has done for me!

1. He has been faithful...I struggled and struggled with my salvation for so long, but I know He is faithful...I have settled that! I am persuaded of that! I know that He holds my salvation in the center of His hands, and NO MAN can pluck it out! Praise the Lord!

2. He convicts me of my sin...yes, that is something that the Lord has done for me...Just this past weekend, I have had a wrong heart toward someone, and the Lord showed me how wrong I was...then, my love is not the right kind of Love according to the Bible (that's another post for another day)...He convicted me of my sin...I'm so thankful He showed me my sin so that I could be saved!

3. He forgives me...oh, the debt that I owe Him for that...I will gladly give Him my life! He loves me so much!

4. He answers prayer! Boy, does He! I have a loving husband as a result of answered prayer. The doilies that sit around my house are a result of answered prayers. :) My car sold for $500 (it was a 1988 station wagon) so that I could go to CA to Bible college. I was given that car by answer to a prayer! I have Jeremiah as a result of answer prayer! I wasn't sure if I would know when to go up to the hospital to have Jeremiah...I didn't have to worry about it! The doctor put me in!

Here are just four things that I know the Lord has done for me! This is what I am going to focus on today! What are you focusing on?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such a great post. It really was a blessing to me.

Blessings!!!

Daniel and Rachel said...

Thank you for this post!! I too struggle often with doubts...it can be so hard to put what I KNOW to be true over what I FEEL to be true. Thank you for sharing your heart and your encouragement!! :) God bless you!

Leslie said...

Your words are so true, and a good reminder for me too! This is a wonderful post to share. I need to remember all of the answered prayers in my life, as well! God is good.
Leslie :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Jennifer, I too, have struggled with that doubt *so* many times, and the feeling is exactly like what you described. Yes ma'am the Lord is SO faithful!

Wonderful post:)

Sandra said...

I have the same struggle. Thank God he is not like us! He is so faithful, even when I doubt him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0