Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Attitude!

To be honest, I have had no idea what to post on! I don't know maybe I'm going through a dry time...or maybe its just the time of the year, but I would like to share something that the Lord has been kind of dealing with me about...A Right Heart Attitude...

The Bible says in Psalms 51:10, ''Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.'' I think, at least I know that for me, as ladies we need to keep our attitude in check! We are more easily hurt or offended. We tend to be more dramatic over situations that come our way. Our hormones flucuate, I know, but as a lady speaker said, our hormones do NOT give us the right to sin. As ladies, our attitudes change constantly and are probably something that we have to work a little harder at than the men. (Yes, the Lord created us to be emotional people as ladies, but to use those emotions in a right way if that makes sense?) We need to have a daily attitude check! Maybe even more than once a day!

So today, I challenge you to ask God to ''renew a right spirit'' within you! When that house work seems overwhelming, your children are fighting, the baby is screaming, things are just not going right, someone said something to hurt our feelings maybe unknowingly, you feel like complaining comparing yourself, being jealous, or just plain quitting, take it to the Lord! Psalms 51:12,  ''Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.''

One more thing! I found this and thought that I would share it! (I have no idea who Charles Swindell is...I just liked what he wrote here!)


The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on my life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.



---Charles Swindell

So, for this year I think my theme is going to be Renew. Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post and a needful post.

Thanks for sharing what's on your heart.

Blessings Friend!!!

Sarah said...

Thank you for the encouraging words!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! I appreciate your thought-provoking (more like convicting) posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0