Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday...

I was trying to decide what exactly to say I'm thankful for today...to be perfectly honest, it is hard to just list even a few things! This week, I have been reading through Psalms...though I have to admit I have not been reading as much as I should...I fail daily! Back to what I was saying about Psalms...this verse stood out to me:
Psalms 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
One thing that is super hard for me to do is sing in front of people. I've sung solos in a group before, but when it comes to by myself singing, its hard! Truthfully, it takes me awhile to even sing with a cd or the radio in the car with someone...weird, right? I don't even really sing around my husband because I'm afraid I'll hit a sour note, but you know what? I'm not in the right! First of all, I'm worried about what people think...that's pridefulness! Secondly, we are to...
Psalms 98:1 O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
Six times we are told to sing a new song! Every time it is an imperative sentence, a command! We are to sing unto the Lord! Why? To thank Him and praise Him because He has been so wonderfully good to us!

So this week on Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for my voice though it may never be the greatest. I'm thankful that I can sing praises to my Lord, and to the end of life my glory (tongue or soul) will sing of my Redeemer and thank Him all my days even on to eternity!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0