Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Miracle of Life...

Boy, has it been a while since I posted! Even my Daddy said that I needed to post something! Ya'll definitely haven't had any peeks into my life lately! So, here is a quick one for ya'll. As of this week, I'll be 2 months along in my pregnancy!! Yay!!!! The Lord is so good for His protection so far for our little one! It is so amazing what the Lord is creating! A little baby! That even though I know nothing of it's personality, characteristics, looks, gender, my heavenly Father knows it all, and already has a specific plan and purpose for this little life growing inside of me! It makes you wonder how and why we have abortion, why someone would kill their precious baby...for as soon as you find out that you are expecting, a love starts to grow in your heart for that little one! At least for me, I know that to be true...anyway, here is a video my sister sent me! Hope ya'll enjoy!


Other news...life in the mountains is going good...we have had lots of snow...snow...snow...snow...snow...snow, but today is a nice almost springlike day! Praise the Lord! The sun is peeking out between the clouds, and it is cool not cold out! The snow isn't too bad...praise the Lord they keep the roads pretty clear...that means when I get a McD's attack I can usually go get my Diet Coke!
Married life is great! Jonathan is the sweetest husband...on our 2 months of marriage, he surprised me with 2 red roses, Reeses' hearts, and a lovey card...I mean he really surprised me...he bought them the day before, but I didn't know it...so that night when I went to the bathroom, he ran outside to his car and brought them in and hid them, then when I went to the bathroom yet again, he brought them into the bedroom and hid them! The next morning, I usually get up with Jonathan to fix his lunch and breakfast, then I lay back down on the couch for a while longer. When I went back into the bedroom to make the bed, there they were waiting for me! He is so romantical!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!!

Let's see....hmm....what else...no burnt meals yet...almost last night with the rice...but caught it just in time! Would love some supper ideas though!!!! If ya'll have any, please send them to me at godsbeengood@gmail.com! Also homemaking hints...I may share them on here if you don't mind!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet couple you make! The Lord has truly brought you together and has delighted in giving you an inheritance so soon! He is So GOOD! AMEN.
Have you had any cravings at all sofar? With my first I wanted cheese and popcorn, and with my second a I wanted jalapenos dipped in mayo! GROSS!
My only homemaking hints are to just keep your house tidy when hubby comes home, which is so easy when you don't have a handful of kids at the moment, but I find that in the winter things get gloomy and sometimes fake plants really go a long way. Also, we always keep an open Bible in the living room and find that we all refer to it more often just because it is so handy. Making the Bible center of attention in the middle of the living room table with a couple of unlit candles around gives us a focus of keeping our priority on the WORD while hosting or even spending time as a family. Another thing is that I change books in the bathroom basket regularly according to the holidays or time of year. Currently I have a book about keeping a beautiful home, another about staying financially in God's order and a third about Healthy eating and dieting! :-)
Oh, when you have only a couple of minutes for unexpected guests to arrive, focus on quickly dusting the dark furniture, cleaning all the mirrors and using a wipe to disinfect the bathroom. The house will look clean on a day when you had no time to do it all.
Foodwise, I use my slowcooker very often as it helps keep my dinner in check while I homeschool my boys. I try not to bake everyday as I care to save money on electricity to help hubby manage our bills. When I do bake, which I love to do, I try to be as organized as possible and make several dishes/desserts at once for the week. Easy and quick recipes when you're pregnant and tired are soups with cornbreads, homemade burritos, or pasta dishes full of colorful veggies such as zucchini, tomatoes and mushroom. Also try adding spinach to rice to add many health benefits to a side dish that baby will benefit from! A fresh lemon to squeeze on your side dishes at dinner daily will help boost vitamin C intake!
I pray all will go smoothly and that you'll post pictures of yourself soon with the baby tummy. God Bless ~ NM

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the lovely comment! Yes, I've had some cravings...they change from week to week...one week it was a Beef and Cheddar from Arby's...the next week something from Taco Bell...then Mountain Dew...who knows what it will be next! :) Thanks for sharing all those hints! They were great!

Dakota Covey said...

Jennifer,

I don't have any house keeping tips for you, but my mom and I are trying to think of a recipe to send to you!!

I'm sooo excited for you and Jonathan!! Babies are lots of fun! We'll be praying for you!

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Something quick and easy I like to fix, and Brian loves to eat... Take 1 large can of French's Fried Onions. 2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken breast cut in half. Put the onions in a gallon ziploc bag and crush them. Add about 1/4 cup of flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Add your chicken, shake around, and dump all contents into a pyrex. Bake on 400. Also, boneless pork chops, wrap with bacon, garlic salt and pepper to taste, bake on 400 for about 45 mins. Hope your feeling well.
Stephanie

Aaron and Naomi said...

Glad to hear from you again! My mom gave me a book on home management for Christmas - it may have been boring at one poing, but now I found it pretty exciting :) You know, when I was pregnent, I craved "junk food" the first couple months as well...who knows?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swidget 1.0